Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Mercy is for the Donald

I wish Conservative Christians treated me like they treat Trump.

Thus any bad about me they ever heard of about me, they'd first, pretend they'd heard nothing, second, if they had to admit they'd heard it, they'd call my accusers liars, third, if it was pretty much found out that my accusers hadn't lied, they'd downplay it as something that others had done more of and worse, and fourthly, if that didn't fly, that it was all exaggerated and took out of context, and that Dean just needed to be left alone to keep up his great work!

I mean, that is a breathtakingly large example of Christ-like mercy in evaluating any gossip you hear about a person.  And the Conservative Christians ladle out that amount of mercy towards Trump every second of every day.

Yet, Trump does so much crap that needs such mercy that apparently he uses up all the Christ-like mercy that Conservative Christians have, leaving none left over for they to apply it to their friends, their family, their fellow church members, their co-workers, or just a random citizen.

Can't wait till Trump is out of office.  Then maybe the Conservative Christians can restock their Mercy Reserves and start giving us ordinary sinning schmoes a break or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment