Tuesday, November 15, 2016

That Cheater

There is being a cheater in a relationship, then there is being "that cheater".  You know what I mean.  A cheater betrays the relationship, and when caught is apologetic or defensive.  Contrition or justification.  And you can take it or leave it.

Worse though is "that cheater", the one who chooses to go on the offense by taking you down an entirely irrelevant side road, usually involving blaming you, the victim.


Example:

You:  I saw your email exchange with the neighbor, and know you've been going over there for a nooner those times you told me you were going to the store!

That Cheater:  What?!  You went through my emails?!  You know what a breach of trust that is?!

You:  I was only trying to check my own email, you hadn't logged off is all!

That Cheater:  Honestly, this hurts me.  I can't believe that just for me forgetting to log off that you'd take that as an opportunity to be so sneaky and under-handed!  You read my diary, too?

You:  No!  I haven't read your diary!  But wait, what does this have to do with you cheating on me?!

That Cheater:  I could have any explanation in the world for whatever you think you've learned about me, but do you expect me to try and explain anything to someone so mistrustful who finds sneaking about behind my back to be appropriate to a relationship?  I'm sorry, but this is making me seriously reflect upon whether this relationship even has a future!

See how that works?  Maybe your relationship will continue, maybe it won't, but this will be dependent upon whether the person who betrayed you can ever forgive you for discovering that!

Some of you are thinking, "Amicable Anarchist, that's just silly!  Yeah, I suppose some white trash, yee-ha trailer court living red neck might be able to bamboozle his poor uneducated common-law wife with that kind of thing, but what does that have to do with politics or anarchy?"

Glad you asked!

I was reading an article in Slate today, and one of the articles was blaming Russia's leak of Hillary's emails as "a" reason for her losing.  They didn't claim it was the only reason, but they were very sure it was "a" reason.

And that's entirely false.

What did help her lose, what was "a" reason for her losing, was that she was "That Cheater" during the election, and she acted like "That Cheater" when those emails were released.

America:  Hillary, we saw your email exchange with the DNC and know that you rigged things to steal the nomination from Bernie!

Hillary:  What?  Russia leaked my emails?  You know what a breach of trust that is?

America:  We were only reading the news, it's not on us that Russia hacked your server!

Hillary:  Honestly, this hurts me that Russia would try and sway an election and that Trump would go along with it and that any of you would take it seriously!

America:  No!  We're not pro-Russian, and we've not decided whether to vote for Trump or not!  But wait, what does this have to do with you being so corrupt?

Hillary:  I could have any explanation at all for any of that, but I'm not going to dignify that stuff with a response.  I'm too busy being upset over how Russia and Trump - and maybe you! - could be so faithless as to listen to this kind of thing!  Makes me seriously wonder if there is a future for us!

You get the idea.  And while she sure intended that this would shame us into accepting her anyway, it was her utter failure to even acknowledge these kind of scandals - let alone address and answer them - that was "a" reason, and probably a large one, for losing the election.

When you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, crying, "You weren't supposed to be home yet!" is no defense.  And when you're caught in a variety of dirty and unethical behaviors, crying that Russia isn't supposed to try to influence our elections is no defense either!

Hillary did not lose for Trump being a political genius or tapping into hate or media this or Russia that or Wikileaks the other.  She lost for being the very "crooked Hillary" that a demagogue named her.  She lost because if you don't want people to leak dirt about you, don't be dirty!

She lost because she honestly thought that America was as dumb as that put upon kitchen drudge who dropped out of the ninth grade to marry Billy Bubba the cheater!

America wasn't that dumb.  We had the choice between an utter buffoon and a "That Cheater" who thought we were "That Dumb".  We chose the person who while perfectly up for urinating on our leg was at least not going to try to shame us into agreeing that it's rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment